An odd thing with an OU

I recently set up an SSL certificate for artific.com. I was playing around with the SSL side of the site today, trying to get my x509 certificate to be transmitted when I noticed something odd. The OU for the SSL certificate was set to "dripldu", one of my other stillborn projects, not "Artific Industries", which is what I-could-have-sworn I set it to.

So, I fired off a note to Pair's SSL support team inquiring about what happened, figuring that either I'd screwed up or maybe something got copied automatically when it should not have. Pair confirmed that I'd submitted "Artific Industries" as the OU, not "dripldu" and that's what they'd submitted to Comodo to generate the certificate.

This is still being worked out, but it appears that Comodo is caching the OU when an organization requests a certificate, though it's unclear why it was copied in this instance, and not with my prior certificate (for dripldu.com).

Posted in Problems

Archives

202: Accepted Archives

Feed icon We use Feedburner to distribute our web feeds: 202 Accepted Feed

feedburner graphic
Google

Copyright 2002–2011 Artific Consulting LLC.

Unless otherwise noted, content is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. Please read and understand the license before repurposing content from this site.